- 1) Choose a Unique Domain Name.
- 2) Research an effective domain name:
- 3) Choose a Domain Name Extension:
- 4) Check your Domain Name Availability:
- 5) Register your Domain Name:
- When you are choosing registrar to keep important in mind which are given below:
- Here is the List of where you can Research domains and buy them:
Choosing a domain name is similar to choosing a company name. Choosing and purchasing a domain name is extremely important part of designing your website. Domain name becomes the name of your website. You should make sure you choose a domain name that not only fits your business but it is also easy to find and promote.
Choosing the right domain name means balancing availability with brand recognition and user appeal.
Here are some on how to choose and register an effective domain name for your website:
1) Choose a Unique Domain Name.
On the internet short and easy to remember names which relate to your core business work best. Simple and Short domain names are often unavailable so if your company or product name is unique so you have to create a two-word combination. Just keep in mind that you are not restricted to your registered business name while choosing a name.
You may want to choose a name that contains all or part of your company name or product/service that you offer.
2) Research an effective domain name:
Make sure the name you’ve selected isn’t trademarked, copyrighted or being used by another company. You can utilize your list to form two-word combinations. Try to choose a word which is not easy to misspell or not easy to confused to others. Choosing a keyword rich domain name will not only make your address easy to remember but it will also help your website rank higher in internet search engines.
3) Choose a Domain Name Extension:
A domain name extension is the letter combination to the right of the domain name itself after the period.
A list of the more popular extensions and what they mean:
- . Com for commercial, an extension for those selling on the internet.
- .ca for Canada, .uk for the United Kingdom, .nl for Netherlands. Country specific extension.
- .biz for business
- .org for organization
- .net for the network.
- .edu for education
- .gov for government
- .info for information
Now you have to decide which extension is useful for your business. This will depend on your audience, nature of your business, the image you want to create. If you are promoting or selling a commercial product or service and have to choose between a .com and another extension, consider registering a .com extension first, even if it means choosing an alternate domain name. The reason for this is that .com extensions are still the most popular and most likely to be typed in by a user guessing at or trying to remember a domain name
4) Check your Domain Name Availability:
To see if your name is available. Then go to web page of any accredited registrar and type name you want into search box and check. Check all of your top name choices, and minor variations of them. You may also want to consider checking and registering hyphenated and non-hyphenated version of the same name.
5) Register your Domain Name:
Once you have chosen your Domain name and checked it availability then registering your Domain name is easy.
For a list of registration, Authorities visit ICANN.
When you are choosing registrar to keep important in mind which are given below:
1) Avoid organization which charges too high.
2) Choose an organization which provides Timely telephone and email customer service, comprehensive faqs and Easy to use website.
3) Choose an organization that offers features you may want to take advantage of, now or in the future.
The cost of a domain depends on the extension you choose for your website. In most cases, you are required to register and pay for your domain name online using a credit card.
Keep in mind, when you register your domain name, you are not buying it outright. Think of your domain name like a phone number you are paying for the right to use it for a period of time. You can register a domain name for one year, two years, five years etc. After that time, you will be given the option of renewing for another period.
Here is the List of where you can Research domains and buy them:
If you want to purchase expired domain ,
you should visit : Top sites to purchase expired domain