- Did you ever wish to have more comments on your blog posts?
- Why Should You Encourage Blog Comment?
- 1) Write Worthy Content:
- 2) Let Visitors Subscribe:
- 3) Ask Question at End of the Post:
- 4) Ask Visitors to Share their Tip:
- 5) Reply to All Comments
- 6) Be Controversial:
- 7) Link with other sites:
- 8) Get to the Point:
- 9) Use attention Grabbing Headlines:
- 10) Contribute to other blogs that have an active community:
Every blogger love comments, and valuable comments can generate some visitors and leads for the bloggers. Many popular bloggers spend hours in a week for reading and commenting on other people’s blog posts. This way they get lots of attraction and traffic to blog.
Did you ever wish to have more comments on your blog posts?
Here is a post that will ensure you to get enough comments on your blog to satiate your hunger for comments. Follow these steps to get more comments on your blog and make a community of readers around your blog.
Why Should You Encourage Blog Comment?
- Increase social proof – I touched on social proof in my post last week, when a lot of people comment it makes your blog look popular.
- Gauge how well your posts are received – Feedback is awesome and blog comments are a great way to get post specific feedback.
- Develop relationships with your audience – Getting ahead on the web is all about developing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships. Get to know your audience better through your comments.
- Give your readers a voice and help them become part of the conversation – Your readers want to be heard, give them a voice and watch engagement soar.
10 Effective Ways to Get More Comments on Blog Posts:
1) Write Worthy Content:
If your post is just a brain dump or a rant that isn’t relevant to others, it may not get much of a response. You don’t have to be a professional writer or grammatically flawless to get a comment.
If your post is well-thought and easy to understand, people will respond. For every negative comment, you get a chance to let your reader know your point of view and at times you yourself learn to view things their way. This will only make your bond stronger and you will gain a loyal readership to your blog.
2) Let Visitors Subscribe:
Many readers won’t comment the first time they visit your blog. They need to get to know you first. To give them a chance, get them to subscribe to your blog by offering them an incentive like a free report, video, or webinar. Over time, the dividends are enormous, not only in additional comments but also in traffic and revenue.
Occasionally remind your loyal readers of the ease and share advantages of subscribing to your blog. Your readers will even encourage their friends to read your blog and leave valuable comments.
3) Ask Question at End of the Post:
When you end the post with a question or an attempt for seeking reaction of the reader, you are sure to get their words. Most readers tend to share their point of view on a topic when specially asked for it. This will help you know their point of view on the topic.
Provoking the readers to share what they think of a post will surely make them stay a while more on your blog and comment on the topic.
When you are writing a post, weave sections inside the post to let them know that you are waiting for their tip on the issue. In the conclusion section, you could also ask them to share their tip on the problem the post is related to. Most readers like to share their advice. They will get exposure through it and you will get comments.
5) Reply to All Comments
You may not realize this, but many of your commenters are expecting a response. They might elaborate on one of your points, tell a story from their own life, or simply thank you for the post, none of which obviously need a response. But respond anyway.
They’ll be excited to get a response from you, and it’ll encourage them to comment more in the future.
6) Be Controversial:
Similarly, controversies tend to do well in blogging too. You can quickly grab a few eyeballs by writing on a controversial topic or by negating a widely accepted theory. People will simply pour in your blog to get their voice placed. You will get a handsome number of shares too.
But before taking such a step take care not to hurt someone and always say things that you can back with strong proofs in case you need to defend yourself.
A few tips for creating top-notch controversial content:
- Take your time to research your topic.
- Don’t pick on someone just for the sake of it. Respect fellow bloggers’ opinions.
- Get current data to back up your points.
- Mention top social media influencers in your controversial post and request that they share it.
- Avoid controversial content if you’re not certain about a particular topic or position.
- In all, provide immense value and don’t dent your reputation online.
7) Link with other sites:
Incorporating few links in your blog posts doesn’t take that much time, and most blog platforms automatically notify the websites which you linked to. If you want to leverage more, then take a quick look at the websites that you are linking to and use terms relevant to their site in links. It is one of the great ways to get noticed by larger websites that know plenty of the things about SEO to appreciate your attempts through comments.
8) Get to the Point:
Nobody loves to read through pages and pages which are full of text, so ensure your blog posts isn’t too long that your reader is leaving before and they get close to the end. Your blog post should be straightforward so that your readers get to the point and get a solution for their issue quickly.
9) Use attention Grabbing Headlines:
The headline is and will always be the most important element of your copy because see mainly that in the search engine results. It’s what prompts your reader to click your link and read your content in the first place.
However, there is a difference between attention-grabbing headlines and pushy headlines.
Pushy headlines tend to deceive, even if the content that follows is completely transparent and honest. That’s why neutral headlines generate more engagement on social media platforms.
Examples of Attention Grabbing headlines:
- SEO Copywriting: How to Write Content for People and Optimize for Google
- This Is Why People Fail to Be the Exception
- How I Use Email Newsletters to Drive Traffic and Make Money
- 10 Writing Tips for Great Social Media Posts
10) Contribute to other blogs that have an active community:
When your blog’s community grows, you will get more blog comments.
One of the best ways to expand your own community is to contribute to other blogs within your niche that already have an active community. This could include contributing guest posts or contributing engaging comments.
Writing engaging comments is something that works particularly well. You will get more email subscribers, increased traffic, increased visibility and if your new subscribers like what they read – they’ll comment.
Blog comments can help you in blogging. They can help you in building authority, in ranking for user generated content, in getting to reach even more people.
If you ever thought to receive comments on your blog, then you should start building relationships with other bloggers because ultimately that would help you to build a large community around your blog.