If you are employing remote workers or if you are a remote worker yourself, you also need to track your time spent working on projects.
There are several apps that help people with time tracking. To help you accurately keep track of all of your remote employees, or your work as a freelancer here is a quick rundown of all the best time tracking software that is currently on the market.
List of 10 Top Best Time Tracking Software 2018.
1) Time Doctor:
Time Doctor is an accurate time tracking and time management software that helps you get a lot more done each day. It is a web-based solution that provides time tracking, computer work session monitoring, reminders, screenshot recording, invoicing, reporting tools, integrations and so much more.
Time Doctor Features:
- Time tracking
- Screenshot monitoring
- Chat monitoring
- Clients feature to track time with clients
- Customizable reporting, time sheets, and more
- Web access
- Mobile app accessibility for iOS and Android
- Payroll module
- Integrations with top project management software
It gives you all the tools you need for efficient time and billing, including invoice templates, automated reminders, and recurring billing. But there’s more to Scoro – it serves as an all-in-one work management solution where you can manage projects, clients, and finances.
- Track both actual and billable time and transfer the hours to an invoice
- Automate late invoice reminders, scheduled and recurring invoicing
- Email invoices to clients based on the hours worked
- Extensive project, task, and client management
- Reporting on work, sales performance, budgets, etc.
Toggl is another top time tracking app that you may want to check out? It focuses on making time tracking easy. With just a simple click of a button, you can start and stop your timer. And, you can track from any device you choose. One of the best features about Toggl is it tracks from anywhere on the web.
Toggl also provides visual reports that help you understand where you are spending time and which projects are over your time budget. With Toggl, it truly is easy to take a quick glance and see exactly how time is being spent and where you may need to make adjustments.
- Time tracking from anywhere on the web
- Desktop and mobile use
- Visual reports
- Team time management
- Insights and reporting
- Projected profitability charts
- Report automation capabilities
Harvest is one of the best-known time billing software on the market. With its simple interface and light feature-set, Harvest makes it super easy to track time and bill your clients accordingly.
Features of Harvest:
- Time tracking from any device
- Daily timers
- Weekly time sheets
- Time tracking from your workflow with project management app integration
- Custom reporting
- Easy interface
- Fast invoices and payments
- Expense tracking
- Support team
Hub staff may stand out in the crowd as one of the more widely known time tracking apps. Hub staff allows you a 14-day free trial to experiment with their time tracking software, screenshot monitoring and more. With Hubstaff it’s easy to know what your employees are working on and how much time it is taking them to complete certain projects. This knowledge empowers you to make better business decisions and assign tasks more appropriately to your employees.
Features of Harvest:
- Time tracking
- Screenshot monitoring
- Weekly limits
- Project budgets
- Automatic payroll
- GPS and location monitoring
- URL and app monitoring
- Attendance scheduling
- Smart invoicing
- Team dashboard
- Calendar timesheet views
- Advanced reporting
Paydirt focuses on helping you keep track of the work you are doing for certain clients and also helps make sure invoicing them is easy. They also have a nice visual dashboard that helps you quickly and clearly understand how much time you have spent on certain projects and where you may be lacking.
Features of Paydirt:
- One-click smart time tracking
- Easy invoices
- Visual overview of your projects
- Ability to catch up on lost time
- Time estimates for projects
- Intelligent reminders
- Time tracking from anywhere
- Ability to accept credit card payments
- 52 currencies and 17 languages for international clients
- Integrations with top time management apps
Freckle is a great time tracking app as well as a data tracking app. With Freckle, you can download your data and turn it into a chart or send it to a client. Freckle also helps you categorize your clients and keep track of time spent on individual projects, rather than time spent working in general. It will also help you determine your time limits. For example, you may be wondering if you have enough time to take on a new client. Freckle will help you determine that. Additionally, Freckle will help you see which employees are over-utilized and which are under-utilized to help you assign projects more efficiently.
Features of Freckle:
- Time tracking
- Entry approval and audit logs
- Email support
Timely is an app with a different approach to time tracking. It can work both as a time tracker and a calendar for your employees since one of the main features is the unique calendar integration.
With Timely, employees can plan their projects in advance and start logging accordingly. This way, you can see how productive they really are by comparing the time spent working with the time that was planned for that work and get all their projects tracked using this app.
Features of Timely:
- Basic time tracking
- Active project tracking
- Memory history
- Control page for your team
- Ability to mark things as billed
- Project tags
- Priority support
It works to ensure your agency isn’t wasting any unnecessary time or resources on time tracking. With Dashable, all you need is Dashable to make sure time tracking is on par. Additionally, Dashable touts that it’s easy to set up their software and that it only takes a few seconds to get the ball rolling.
Features of Dashable:
- Project time tracking for agencies
- Autocompletes activities for easy tracking
- Customizable recaps and reminders
- Timesheet approval manager
- App integrations for top project management software
- Invoice generator
- Detailed reporting capabilities
- 14-day free trial
10) TeamWork Projects:
It lets you estimate the time you think you’ll need to complete tasks and then log your actual time against it. Soon you’ll become very accurate in your estimates and you’ll know exactly how long it takes to complete certain tasks. The invoicing feature in Teamwork isn’t as strong as in some other tools, but it integrates with all your favorite billing tools, such as QuickBooks, Harvest, Xero, etc.
Features of Teamwork:
- Estimating and tracking time spent on a project
- Sending invoices based on the time worked
- Custom time reports with export options
- Tracking time on the go
ProProfs Project is an efficient simple project management software that helps managers save time while getting their work completed hassle-free. This tool is great for keeping a track of time spent on each project, monitoring their progress through one dashboard, generating invoices instantly, constant incoming reminders on email for each task, and more.
ProProfs Project features:
- Time sheets
- Time tracker for every task and sub-task
- Reminders if a task is pending
- Timer settings for every project
- Accessibility across all operating systems through mobile app
- Collaboration across different teams
- Task delegation
So, these were the Top Best Time Tracking Software. Free, interactive tool to quickly narrow your choices and contact multiple vendors.