Facebook is not just an application or social network, it’s now part of our life. We sleep with and wakes up by looking at the news feed. We put everything online, our birthday, achievement and even heartbreaks too. That is when Facebook launched its live feature, most people loved it. but if you are looking for a guide to know how to go live on Facebook? We have all the detail for you regarding Facebook live for Android and iOS.
One of the reasons for Facebook live gaining popularity is because of its live response. People who are watching get to talk to you live, they can comment and ask you a question or comment on it. so people with a large group of friends can go live and talk to everyone.
Most people think going live on Facebook is easy, just hit the live button and we are Live, but they have never tried it. now things about live are, you cannot unsee that once it streamed. Yes, you can delete the video later, but if you are still figuring out how to make it work then it would be little embarrassing.
Here is step by step guide on how to go live on Facebook
Before we describe how to go live on Facebook, you need to make sure few things in order like
- You need to make sure you are getting a strong signal of the internet, it will be necessary as it will stream you live to your friends and if any technical glitch comes in during the live feed, you cannot do anything else.
- Choose the right environment. If you are going live from your home, make sure to close the door or tell your family member, we all know what happens with the BBC interview when a baby walk into the room
- If you want to get more audience, tell your friends on Facebook that you are going live on certain time, so they can be ready to watch you
- Make sure your front camera is working.
- Charge your phone before going live as it will use a good amount of battery
- If you are going live from your network internet, make sure you have enough amount data left otherwise it won’t stream once your data is over.
- If you are afraid to go to live as you don’t know how to do it, just set the privacy to “only me” that way only you can see the video
- If you want do a successful Facebook live, keep repeating your name and introduce your self and purpose of going live, so the new audience who joined in, keep informed.
Now when we are set to go, let learn how to go live on Facebook
Go live on Facebook with android
- Open your Facebook app on your android phone
- Now find the live button, it’s nearby “what’s on your mind?”
- When you click on it, it will ask for your permission
- If you are using it for the first time, they will ask your permission to share audio and video with your audience
- Then you will see an introduction video, it will show you how to use the Facebook live feature
- Then you can set the privacy, like “only me” or “public”
- You can also geotag your location
- Then you need to write a short description of the video
- After that, you just need to hit go live button
- It will show you a countdown of 3, once it hit zero, you are live
Good, now you are live on the Facebook, you just need to wait for a while so that people will discover in their feed that you are live. If it’s your first time, don’t expect much response at first second. You can set your mood on how you feel and if you find any comments which you don’t like, you can block them by pressing their name and then block them. You can also set subscribe button, so when you go live next time, people will get notified that you are live.
With so many features of Facebook live, you can change your camera to the front to rear, you can add a filter to your video and write on it. you can set emojis and another sticker on your video. With Facebook live is competing snapchat and Instagram, we will see more and more new features coming in.
How to go live on Facebook with iOS
You can go live on Facebook with your iPad, iPhone, and even Mac Pc and it’s just the same way like we did in the android. Hit the live button, give them permission and wait for the countdown and you are live.
We hope this article would help you understand how to go live on Facebook with Android or iOS, if you have any more question, do let us know in the comment.