Everyone faces the problem when they try to manage their website or edit it. you need to shut down the whole site for a period of time. But what about the visitor who visits your website, they will see a page with error and never came back again. You need to inform them that this website is under construction. That is when you can use the under construction page plugin. We have used it and today we will be sharing a review for that.
This plugin is not just useful when you doing maintenance in your website, if you are going to launch a whole new website, you can create an under coming soon page and still be able to collect the lead.
Why under construction page is important?
- To inform your visitor that website is under maintenance or under construction, so that, they don’t end up in a broken link page.
- If you have a website which gets lots of traffic, you need to maintain your reputation. Like if you are sharing expert tricks on WordPress and visitor would end up in a broken link, they would think differently and will never visit your page again.
- You can update your old visitor by showing them under construction page but you can notify the new one that website will be live in x number of the day.
- You can divert them to your social media page to inform them why the website is closed.
- You can use an under construction page if you are going to launch a website so that your visitor can subscribe from the page and stay updated.
There is a number of reason behind this, as you don’t want to look bad in front of your loyal readers and user. It’s a vital part of your website and as we know, anyone needs it at any time.
How under construction page plugin works?
So we mentioned why you need it, now we are going to explain how this plugin could help you achieve that task. This plugin is specially made for creating a coming soon, landing page and under construction page. One of the best things about it is, its beginner-friendly, so you don’t need to worry about it even if you don’t know how to code.
We will share step by step guide to installing this plugin.
how to set up an under construction page in WordPress?
Many of you have faced this problem and dealing with it might be a headache, but with this plugin, you don’t need to worry about much.
Installing under construction page plugin in WordPress
- you need to go to your WordPress admin and then in the plugin
- you need to search for under construction page, you will find it on the first page, the plugin is designed by Web factory Ltd.
- You need to activate it and open plugin’s settings page located under the Settings menu
- You can set it up manually, you can download the plugin, unzip it and upload it to /wp-content/plugins/
- Then you need to open WordPress admin and plugin and activate it.
- Activate & open plugin’s settings page located under the Settings menu
Congratulation, you just installed the under construction plugin and that mean half battle is won. Don’t worry, you don’t need to do much for setting it up.
How to set up under construction page with the plugin?
As we mentioned earlier, it’s simple and beginner friendly. This plugin will let you create the coming soon page or under construction page by simple drag and drop.
As you can see in the above picture, you can set up a template and just drag and drop the option. You can choose from 100 of templet and 25+ theme in the plugin.
You can write down in the box, change the color of text and customize it. no need to write code in HTML.
You can even set up call to action and subscribing on the page, as it will be helpful to you to collect lead and your visitor get informed when the site goes live.
You can choose from any types of templet and just edit it a little bit to run.
You can add social media icon to divert your visitor to your social media page.
Once you done with all the writing and setting up the page, you can activate the under construction mode directly from the setting and one of the best thing about it is, you can on and off the mode by just a click of a button.
There is all the option available on the setting page, you just need to write it down and you are ready to go.
After completing all the work, here is the look at your website
It’s easy to use and easy to take off. No need to worry about losing your visitors as the under construction page plugin will help you with that.
What is more in the store to offer
- Over 130k+ users and growing as 10K per month, more than 1000 five-star reviews, its look like your search ends here.
- 100s of templet and themes and the new design has been added every month.
- support for most caching plugins so there’s no need to manually purge and you will get email support too.
- You will get total analytic report on how many impression and views you get with help of Google Analytics support
- You can optimize your under construction page for SEO too.
If you still didn’t convince, check out their UnderConstructionPage and take a demo to understand how it works. You can download the plugin from official WordPress plugin page and set it up in matter of minutes.
So what’s your response to the under construction page plugin? Would you need one in near future? Did you already used it, how do you like it? do tell us in the comment.