If you currently use Instagram, you are probably aware of how rewarding it is to watch your follower count. By utilizing Instagram Insights, you can more effectively analyze and optimize your interactions on the social media network.
Now that your Instagram business profile is up and running. You can start working on optimizing it to attract more followers. Seeing your numbers improve is an incredible motivator, and more interaction translates into increased brand exposure. This is excellent news for any company, no matter how large or small it may be.
We will discuss in this lesson why Instagram analytics are essential and will walk you through the analytical options available. We will indicate which data points are most essential for reaching your business goals. Here we are offering you a short selection of our favorite Instagram analytic tools as an additional bonus.
What are Instagram insights?
Insights are Instagram’s built-in statistics-tracking tool, and it’s only accessible via the Instagram mobile app, which is still in beta.
The information it provides may be used to understand more about your readers. Such as to what kind of material they like to read and to evaluate how and why some of your articles perform better than others.
Read More: Best Tricks to Add an Instagram Shoppable Feed Image in WordPress
What’s the truly remarkable part?
You can utilize this information to fine-tune your approach to provide more of your audience’s wants while also expanding your reach on Instagram.
What is Instagram Analytics, and Why Should I Be Concerned?
Unless you know who visits your profile or clicks on your advertising, how your posts are doing, how engaging your stories are, and what value your account is generating, spending time on the platform may be a waste of time.
If you are not reviewing your Instagram statistics regularly, you may be doing one of the following:
- It was the incorrect audience target.
- Over-posting regularly (or not frequently enough).
- Bringing in visitors that aren’t interested in your products or services.
- It is possible to generate calls from an ad type that you have only utilized once!
- It is essential not to ignore any references that may lead to future collaborations.
- Posting during inconvenient times of the day or on inappropriate days of the week.
- In your comments or tales, there are chances for brand interaction that is missing.
Read More: 7 Powerful Instagram Tools
Consider Instagram Insights to be a treasure map.
If you grasp the metrics and guide, they will certainly assist you in discovering hidden wealth. Or, at the very least, increase your following and revenue.
Consider the following scenario.
Assume you are the owner of a fitness gear dropshipping business. On Instagram, you may upload a variety of various kinds of material, such as:
- Photographs that are inspiring
- Workout demonstration videos
- Product photography in a studio
- Pictures of people using your goods in their everyday lives
- The material created by others as user-generated content.
How to Use Instagram Insights
You can quickly access your analytics data by selecting the Insights option from inside the Instagram application for those of you who already have an Instagram business or creator profile.
- Begin by clicking on the menu symbol in the upper right corner of your profile, then selecting the Insights tab, which will reveal the analytics for your company or artist profile.
- Alternatively, you may access your insights by clicking on the Insights icon on your profile page.
- Once you’ve obtained your insights, you’ll be able to see a plethora of data and figures in one convenient location for your articles, publications, and the general public.
Now let us have a look at different Instagram Insights factors
1. Instagram Audience Analytics tools
To view all of your followers, go to the Instagram insights page, scroll down to “Your Audience,” and then click “See All.”
This page will provide you with a summary of your follower breakdown for the last 7 or 30 days, which will contain the following:
- Increase in the number of people who follow you (Overall, Follows, and Unfollows)
- The Best Places (Cities and Countries)
- The group’s ages (All, Men, and Women)
- The busiest times of day for each gender (Hours and Days)
2. Examine the data for the posts
Instagram allows you to see statistics for many posts simultaneously or drill down into specific stats for a single post.
- The Entries area of the Insights site displays the three most recent posts that you have written.
- To see more posts, choose to See More from the drop-down menu.
3. Examine the information from Instagram Stories.
You can also obtain insights for your Instagram stories directly from the Insights site or a particular story post on the platform.
- The data is available on the Insights site, and it includes all of your recent story submissions.
- Individual posts cannot be chosen because it only shows aggregate data; individual posts cannot be selected in this view.
- By default, Instagram shows data on the impressions of your stories.
4. Examine the statistics from sponsored advertisements.
The Promotions section located at the bottom of the Insights site, right below the navigation bar. This page is helpful to establish an Instagram promotion or to see already running campaigns.
5. Instagram Video Analytics
In the same way that you can see the performance of Instagram feed posts, you can see the performance of up to two years’ of IGTV videos by visiting the Insights page on Instagram.
To get access to this information, scroll down to “Content You Shared” and touch the arrow next to your most recent IGTV videos, which will appear.
Read More: Get more followers on Instagram
Best 5 Instagram Tools to Use for Business
It’s reasonable that we’re all busy, and scrolling through Instagram Insights in various locations throughout the site may be time-consuming and annoying. There’s some excellent news! There are tools available to help you monitor and analyze your Instagram data more effectively and straightforwardly. Here are the top five that we believe you should investigate further.
We’ve been using Hootsuite for social media scheduling long before Instagram existed, and we’re big supporters of the service.
Their software has grown ever more sophisticated in recent years, and they have excellent analytics monitoring tools built into all of their subscription tiers.
Socialbakers offers several helpful tools to assist you in breaking into your hashtags, filters, most engaging posts, and more, in addition to some visually pleasing free Instagram analytics tools.
It also includes a chart that shows your post distribution over the past 12 months, which you can use to help you maintain consistency.
Furthermore, since Squarelovin is only focused on Instagram Insights, the site provides some beneficial reporting tools for optimizing your Instagram marketing strategy.
SocialRank is a tool that allows you to get a better understanding of your Instagram following. While creating your content strategy, consider follower patterns, frequent words used in your followers’ bios and posts, and popular emojis used by your target audience.
Choose to utilize a program to help with your analytic tracking or stay with Instagram’s native insights.
5. Sprout Social Networking
If you’re interested in creating custom reports and spying on your Instagram competitors, Sprout Social may be the platform for you. You can keep track of your following growth, likes, and comments using a visual graph.
To summarise, hundreds of Instagram metrics you can track and report on, but trying to manage them all at once may not be the most effective use of your time. After establishing your goals, you should develop a social media report to track your progress in a visually attractive and readily digestible format.
If you have any more queries, please leave a comment, and we will reply as soon as possible.