Email address is part of our lifestyle now. We could not remember what was our first email id. It was back in the era when Yahoo was the best thing we ever see. We make an email address just to chat in yahoo messenger. To look cool, we often add prefix and suffix like cutie or 007 to our email address. But now, we are not that foolish teenager anymore and you can find a job with the email address of cuitepriya@yahoo, it will look unprofessional. That is why you need to select a name for your personal email address wisely and intelligently.
When you are doing a business, you need a business email address. The mail id with Gmail and outlook will not get you any leads because it suggests that you don’t have any credibility. Anyone can create an email ID with the name of some billionaire and send email to anyone. You need a good email name. in this post, we will help make a personal email address.
How to select a personal email address?
Creating a personal email address is not that hard, but with services like Google and outlook, most of the username is taken. So now when you enter your first name and last name, the suggestion would be even unrealistic like
This kind of email address is not professional and it’s a red signal for those who want to use it as branding. If that kind of email address you put it on your website or Facebook page, people will create a meme out of it.
So, its better to chose a good email address which reflects your name properly without making it weird. You can use a sign like “.” And “- “in between your email id like
If your email provider supports this kind of signs. You also need to remember that your email address is easy and quick to remember. Hard email address will make them confused.
Why choosing right email address is important?
- Remember the time when we get an email saying you won 100 million dollars lottery, back then Google was not so smart to spam it but now they can. You can actually find out if that was a spam or not by simply looking at the email It will look similar to the original but with a slight difference. You don’t want your email to happen the same. Choosing a right name for your personal email address, your mail will always deliver and get a response, rather than stuck in the spam folder.
- People will always trust you if they don’t see any funny business going on in your email address. If they see something like Casanova.email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, they will get suspicious and stop replying. If you need to build your credibility on a long run, make a professional looking email address.
- When people get your email, they will first check the email address. Just like going to an interview when people check your dressing sense and shoes. The first impression is vital in any business. If you are doing million-dollar contract but your email looks like lack of experience, you might lose at the first round.
What not to do while selecting a personal email address?
- Don’t add anyone else name in your email address.
- Don’t add your current company name in the email address, like email@example.com, you might lose your job someday or change it, but the email address will remain the same because you don’t want to lose your contact.
- One important thing, if your surname is going to change in future because of your marriage, do not add it to your email address. Chose the latter or word instead.
- Never ever use a prefix or suffix. Even if its cool or fun and amazing. Only use your name in the email address.
Also read: How to write a product review
How to get personalized domain email address?
You must come across some email address which looks like firstname.lastname@example.org, which is much professional. When you start branding with your name, you need to have an email address which contains your company name. it’s actually simple.
You can buy a domain and set up your own business email address in a matter of minutes. Setting up a professional email address with email domain name is cheap and its prompt that you use it. people will take you much more seriously when they see a company email address in their inbox. This looks generic and people would start replying.
Setting up a personal email address won’t take much of time, but its commitment of a lifetime. Once you set up an email address and start sending emails, you will stick to it for a long time. So it’s better that you choose a good email name so that you don’t have to change it later.