If you are going to buy an Apple product like iPhone or Mac, you need to know that you would need a credit card to even create the Apple ID. Yes, we know you have enough money to buy apple product but what about the people who don’t have a credit card, like teenagers and those who get apple product as a gift. When they start their phone, they get fairly disappointed to know that. Worry not, because this article covers How to Create a new Apple ID Without Credit Card?
Why Apple ID is necessary?
Its lot like google id but you will need it in every step of the way. Here is the list of service you can access to Apple ID.
- App Store
- Apple Music
- Apple Online Store
- Apple Retail services and programs (Concierge, Joint Venture, workshops, and youth programs)
- Apple Store app
- Apple Support Communities
- Find My Friends
- Find My iPhone
- Game Center
- iBooks Store
- iTunes Genius
- iTunes Home Sharing
- iTunes Match
- iTunes Store
- iTunes U
- Mac App Store
- Photo Print Products
If you can live without all of this service than you don’t need an Apple ID, but what is the use of the apple product if we cannot use it.
How to Create a new Apple ID Without Credit Card?
There are basically two ways you can create apple ID, we are going to mention both of them and teach you how to make a free Apple ID with it.
- On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
You can create your Apple ID from all the Apple mobile devices. Here is the step by step guidance.
- You need to go to App Store app, iTunes Store app, or iBooks app
- You need to find any free music, app or book
- Now install it by press the “get” button
- It will ask you for your Apple ID and you can find an option for creating new Apple ID
- You need to fill out the form with your email and create a new password
- Once you complete that stage, you will be on the payment stage, you will find all types of payment method and at the end of it, you will find one option that says “none” click on it.
- You need to confirm your email id first, go to your email which you have put it in the form and click the link from the email you have received from the apple and confirmed
- You just created a new Apple ID without a credit
If you are using their desktop product like Mac, then you can follow this step.
- You need to open the iTunes on your mac
- You need to make sure that you are in the same country as it mentioned in the iTune if you are not, then choose it from the flag and set it to your current country
- Once you did that, you need to open the app store in iTunes
- Now you need to download something which is free. Like any app on the iTune, once you open the app, you need to press the “get” button
- When you press the button, you will be asked to log in to your apple id, you will find another option of creating new apple id, we need to go there.
- You will be redirected to another page where you need to fill out the form, just like we did it in iPhone.
- When you reach at the payment option, choose the “none” and confirm your email.
- You made a new Apple ID without a credit card from your Mac
That is how you can create an Apple ID if you are wondering what about those people who already have an apple id with credit card detail, can they remove it. yes, they can.
Remove your Apple ID payment information on Mac or PC
- You need to open your iTunes
- Then you need to login to your old Apple ID
- Then you need to go to Account > View My Account
- Once you are in your account, you need to find Payment Type
- Then you need to edit it.
- Note that only family organizer can edit their payment information
- You will find your payment detail and the same “none” option you have seen when you created the ID.
- Chose “none” option and get rid of all your credit card detail.
Wait, you didn’t get an option like “none” when you try to create the new apple ID? Well let me tell you that this process is full proof and it works for everyone who has tried, but if you don’t get “none option, we can still help you.
What to do when you find No None Option When Setting Up Apple ID Payment?
Here is the reason why you cant see “none” option in your payment option
if you have unpaid bills or due payment with apple, they won’t let you choose the “none” option. If there is an unresolved issue with bill payment than they won’t let you chose it. you check your payment history and figure out.
If you have a subscription that automatically renews, then you won’t be able to select none as the option. Even if you have selected free trial, they will add your payment detail so when the free trial is over, you can still use their service uninterrupted. Cancel the subscription first and then chose the none option.
If you are using the Apple iTunes with your existing apple id for the first time, you need to put your payment detail first and then you can choose it to none.
If you are in family sharing plan, then you cannot change the option to “none”. because if you have underage children, when they purchase something, you will be asked first before purchase happen, that is why you need to disband your family group first to choose the none option.
If you are wondering where is the option for creating apple new apple id? Its here. All those options we mention is for people who already have an existing Apple ID.
As we mentioned earlier, you need to choose the right country before you create a new id, so just switch it to your current country and you will find the “none” Option
If you just moved to the new country and change the detail in your ID, you won’t be able to choose the option “none” in your Apple ID.
So here we share how to create a new Apple ID without a credit card and if you cannot find any option in your payment, what to do. We hope this article would help you. if you have any question, do let us know in the comment.