Do you want to setup Google AMP on your WordPress site? Accelerated mobile pages or AMP is a way to make your website load faster on mobile devices. Fast loading websites offer better user experience and can improve your traffic. In this article, we will show you how to set up Google AMP in WordPress.
What is Google AMP?
Google AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages. It is an open source initiative supported by technology companies like Google and Twitter. The goal of the project is to make web content load faster for mobile users.
Accelerated Mobile Pages are platform-agnostic and can be used by any app, browser, or web viewer. Currently it is used by Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, and others.
How to Setup Google AMP Plugin?
1) Install AMP Plugin and Enable it for your site.
2) After Installing the Plugin you can head over to Appearance » AMP page to see how your site looks on mobile devices using AMP.
3) You can change the header background and text color on this page. The header background color you choose will also be used for links.
4) The plugin will also use your site’s icon or logo if your theme supports it.
5) At last click on Save Button.
Now you can check whether it is working correct or not. For this visit any post on your website and add “amp” at the end of URL.
This will show you a stripped down AMP version of the same post.
If you view the source code of the original post, you will find this line in the HTML:
Google AMP is a great way to speed up the mobile version of your site. It can directly improve your traffic because the majority of people will simply quit loading a page that is taking too long.
AMP is also incredibly simple to set up with WordPress. It only takes about 15 seconds to activate the basic AMP plugin. Configuring your AMP pages further is simple as well thanks to the AMP for WP plugin.
Google AMP is still fairly new and it’s already become the standard for major publishers. And given that Google is behind the technology, it probably won’t go away anytime soon.